MINISIS Web Interface
The MINISIS Web Interface (MWI) is an add-on product
to the standard MINISIS software. It allows easy access
to MINISIS databases via standard web browsers such as
Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox, and Safari.
The MINISIS Web interface permits the
dynamic creation of HTML-formatted web pages from
MINISIS database records. Any MINISIS database can be web-enabled using MWI.
In addition to standard retrieval and display capabilities,
MWI supports remote data entry, allowing users to interact
with the web site in a number of ways.
- Dynamic generation of web pages with embedded HTML tags from MINISIS database records without converting the entire database to HTML
- Online data entry and updating as well as retrieval and display
- A choice of log-on and password-based or simple guest user login interfaces
- Multilingual user dialogue and assigning a default language for interacting with a specific user
- Site-specific search forms, data entry forms, and web display pages
- MWI enables images, sound and moving image files, external documents in Word, HTML and other text formats, as well as textual information from the database record, to be attached and served online
- The ability to browse through indexes online, allowing users to search for and select available search terms
- Flagging fields for hypertext linking within the same database, across databases, or to other sites
- Maintaining statistics on: user log-ons, database opens, searches, records viewed (individual record count or total # of records)
- With MWI any MINISIS user, from archives to zoos, can create a dynamic and powerful web interface to meet the demands of an increasingly sophisticated public